Do you want to BE a Roman Gladiator? Legionary? Centurion? General?
Senator? We've been living your dream for years!
Be the Hero!
Live the Dream.
This site is best viewed at 1024x768
for us on
the Webseries, a Phil Cook Eagle Films Production
- This appointment is only open to Equestrians and Patricians.
- The Aedile must sponsor and preside over two events in Rome's name,
i.e., battle, games, races, feast, quest, or a sacred hunt. One of the two
events shall be exclusively Roman. This is an important responsibility, as
Rome relies on its Aedile for recognition and public relations.
- Aedile candidates must present
their ideas for events when announcing their candidacy. This event
must be pre-approved by the Consuls and Tribune of the Plebs. The
Consuls and Tribune may disapprove an event, not a candidate, for this
reason. (Lex Valeria Junia)
- The ballot for Aedile must include
a brief description of the event they wish to hold. (Lex
- The Aedile is immediately elevated to the Senate (if he/she is not
already a Senator).
Go back to chart.